(1) MICHELIN is the tyre brand most widely recognised by European consumers (TNS Sofres; 2008 survey, based on 7,200 people in the six main European markets) in terms of:
Contribution to road safety.
(2) Compared to its predecessor MICHELIN ENERGY E3A. 2007 TÜV SÜD Automotive test.
(3) Compared to Michelin's principal European competitors. Declared by consumers: TNS Sofres 2008 survey carried out in the six main European markets. Confirmed by independent tests carried out by TÜV SÜD Automotive in 2008 and the DEKRA Test Centre in 2009 on the best-selling ranges, with tyres available on the market at the time.
(4) Average life span for MICHELIN tyres (internal source).
(5) Compared to its predecessor MICHELIN ENERGY E3A. 2007 TÜV SÜD Automotive test.
(6) Average life span for Michelin tyres (internal source).
(7) Estimate of average saving with MICHELIN ENERGYTM Saver tyres compared to main competitors for petrol vehicles. TÜV SÜD Automotive 2009 rolling resistance tests on 15 key sizes for the European market (Michelin was first in 13 sizes and second in 2 sizes). Calculated over the average life span for Michelin tyres i.e. 28,000 miles (internal source).