We are at the forefront of electric mobility.
Suitable for EV
Get track ready. The street legal track tyre
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyre for drivers who demand high performance and precision handling on track.
MICHELIN's high performance summer track and road tyre
MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 is designed for passionate drivers seeking high performance on track days. Multi-Compound Technology uses two different rubbers on the tread: a High Molecular Chain elastomer for excellent grip when cornering, and a rigid compound for optimized steering control and wet grip. Feel the thrill of winning with great dry lap times.
MICHELIN’s Track Longevity Technology 2.0 uses a highly abrasion resistant compound on the reinforced external shoulder for improved track endurance, delivering 40% more laps than its competitors on average. Excellent track endurance from MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2, a tyre for supercars that lets you push your high performance car for longer on track days, without the pain of changing tyres.
MICHELIN’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 is the track day tyre for your sports car. With excellent grip and steering precision on tight corners, this high performance summer tyre is designed for experienced drivers looking for best in class consistency of lap times. Fit the best sport tyres and achieve your new personal best.
Unverified review: Review submitted by a User where the consumption experience (purchase or use of the Product) has not been verified by Michelin or its Service Provider.
I've done only 1 track day on these tyre, and in my honest opinion, they will be hard pushed to be beaten by any other tyre. Unfortunately the Cup 2 R doesn't come in my size, but I can imagine that's about the only "semi-slick" tyre that would be better. The braking and cornering grip is phenomenal and is very predictable when you do push beyond it's capability (which is hard done). Wet grip is pretty bad, but that's to be expected from this tyre. Overall, I won't be buying any other tyre for track days. Very pleased
The store suggest me tyre sport cup 2 and the change front tyres and when aksed for back tyre they say we dont have same and i cant find it in uae
Them tyres not even done 6000 miles and gone 👎🏼
Astonishing improvement in grip over the standard supplied Bridgestones on my Honda Type R. To the extent that the limits appear to be so huge that you don't want to test the limit off a track, this, obviously at the expense of grip in the wet, however, I would say that the handling is very predictable and let's be honest, if you chose this tyre as a year-round fit then your most likely know what you're doing and are a capable driver so you will know the limits. 5/5 would not choose any other tyre.
7000 MILES ON A MERCEDES A CLASS 250, FRONTS NEED REPLACING, RETIRED DRIVER NOT A BOY RACER,
Find all info about labelling here
Fuel efficiency class
Wet grip class
External rolling noise class
Homologated for PORSCHE
Homologated for MERCEDES SL65 AMG only
Homologated for MERCEDES
Ultimate track performance made to last
Road exhiliration made to last
Born from racing, made for exhilaration.
Get the most from your driving experience with the MICHELIN Pilot Sport5 tyre.
(1) - lap time - External tests conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTRE, on Michelin's request, on Porsche 911 GT3 (997), in May 2017 on dimensions 235/35-19 and 305/30-19. Gap in terms of average lap time on the circuit of Charade (FR) comparing MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 to PIRELLI Trofeo R, DUNLOP Sport Maxx Race, YOKOHAMA Advan Neova AD08R and TOYO Proxes R888 R.
(2) - laps endurance - External tests conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTRE, on Michelin's request, on Porsche Carrera S, in May 2017 on dimensions 235/35-19 and 305/30-19. Gap in terms of laps ran without tyre damage on the circuit of Charade (FR) comparing MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 to PIRELLI Trofeo R, DUNLOP Sport Maxx Race, YOKOHAMA Advan Neova AD08R and TOYO Proxes R888 R.
(3) - lap time consistency - External tests conducted by DEKRA TEST CENTRE, on Michelin's request, on Porsche Carrera S, in May 2017 on dimensions 235/35-19 and 305/30-19. Regularity evaluated through the evolution of lap time with the number of laps on the circuit of Charade (FR) comparing MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 to PIRELLI Trofeo R, DUNLOP Sport Maxx Race, YOKOHAMA Advan Neova AD08R and TOYO Proxes R888 R.
(4) - 2020 Auto Bild test - MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 was conditionally recommended in the comparative testing done by Auto Bild, in size 245/35 R19 and 265/35 R19, published in March 2020.
GEOMETRICAL SETTINGS (E.G., CAMBER/TOE)
* Connect function - MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect tyres are already ready for VDA-compliant Tire Mounted Sensor solutions thanks to the pre-installed Rubber Tire Mount technology. For all intents and purposes, Michelin wishes to warn potential purchasers of MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect tyres of the need to check the availability of Tire Mounted Sensor solutions on the market; as well as their compatibility with the VDA standard. For your information, the MICHELIN Track Connect kit, which included VDA-compatible Tire Mounted Sensors, has been discontinued since 03/31/2023. If you have any questions, please contact your distributor.